This policy (together with our terms of website use (www.ttgdigital.co.uk/website-terms-use/) and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which we TTG Digital Ltd. of company address: 121 Naunton Crescent, Leckhampton, Cheltenham. Gloucestershire. GL53 7BE will process any personal data we collect from you, or which you provide to us, in the course of using our site www.ttgdigital.co.uk For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 we are the data controller.
When you use our site, there are a number of ways in which you provide information and other data to us. By using the site, you consent to us processing and collecting this data, on the terms and for the reasons which are explained below.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS USED
We may use your information to:
- send you our marketing emails from time to time.
- ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- notify you about changes to our service.
If you do not want us to use your information for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box on the form on which you submit your data. You can also contact us directly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do want to receive information from our carefully selected third parties about goods or services that may be of interest to you, please tick the relevant box on the form on which you submit your data.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers as supplied and maintained by Infusionsoft in the US. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
We take your privacy very seriously, and will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data, but please be aware that any data which you send to our site is sent at your own risk.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any of our group companies (which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985) and also to third parties in the following circumstances: -
- to any prospective seller or buyer of all (or part of) our business or assets;
- If we are required to do so by law, any applicable regulation or to protect the rights, property, or safety of ourselves or others. This may include disclosing to other companies and organisations in connection with fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You have the right under the Data Protection Act to access the information which we hold about you. If you wish to exercise this right, please send your request to email@example.com
Cookies In Use on This Site
Cookies and how they Benefit You
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you'd expect
- Save you having to login every time you visit the site
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do)
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below
More about our Cookies
Website Function Cookies
Our own cookies
- Determining if you are logged in or not
- Remembering if we have already asked you certain questions (e.g. you declined to use our app or take our survey)
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
Third party functions
Disabling these cookies will likely break the functions offered by these third parties
Visitor Statistics Cookies
Turning Cookies Off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies. Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of our's and a large proportion of the world's websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites
It may be that you concerns around cookies relate to so-called "spyware". Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive.
Usage of TTG Digital Ltd products and services constitutes customer’s acceptance of TTG Digital Ltd’s billing policy. Following is TTG Digital Ltd’s billing policy with which all customers must comply:
- All accounts are set up on a prepaid basis. Payment must be received by TTG Digital Ltd before any billable product or service is provided/activated. Customers are required to keep a valid credit/debit card on file to charge for recurring monthly subscription fees, fax or voice broadcast service fees and all email overage fees.
- All international customers must pay by credit/debit card. TTG Digital Ltd does not accept international checks.
- Subscription billing is based on availability of products and services, not based on usage.
- Customers are responsible for keeping all credit/debit card details and contact information current.
- Invoice and payment receipts are available to customers upon request.
- Credit/Debit Card Billing: All credit/debit cards are automatically charged on the customer’s specific billing cycle date. If the credit/debit card is declined, TTG Digital Ltd will attempt to charge the card on file for 30 days.
- Late Fee: All accounts more than 30 days past due may be assessed a late fee. No fewer than three attempts to contact the customer will be made before any late fee is assessed.
- Delinquent Accounts: All accounts 30 days past due may be disabled until balances are paid in full. When disabled, all access will be suspended and data will be unavailable.
- Deactivation: After an account is delinquent 60 days, it will be cancelled due to non-payment. Once cancelled, the customer will not be able to recover any files until the account is current. Application data will be stored for 90 days post cancellation. After that, application data will not be available. The account record and delinquent balance will be submitted to a third-party collection service.
- Late Fee: TTG Digital Ltd may assess a £15.00 late fee for accounts 30 days past due.
- Chargebacks: If a customer initiates a chargeback, TTG Digital Ltd may assess a £50.00 processing fee for each individual chargeback.
- Returned Checks: TTG Digital Ltd may assess a £50.00 processing fee on all returned checks.
- Collections Fee: In the event an account is submitted to a third-party collections service, a £15.00 processing fee may be assessed to the existing account balance. This fee is in addition to any other fees previously assessed on the account.
- Interest: Any charges not paid when due are subject to interest at a rate equal to the lesser of: (i) one and one-half percent (1.5%) per month; or (ii) the maximum interest rate allowed by applicable law.
Services must be used within 90 days from the date of purchase. Service fees are non-refundable. In the event of cancellation, neither Infusionsoft nor TTG Digital Ltd will prorate any portion of unused service fees, and all outstanding invoices must be paid in full.
Invoices are generated and payments are collected at the beginning of each billing period. Customer billing periods typically begin on the day of the month in which customers purchase their subscription. Customers may cancel their subscriptions at any time. In the event of cancellation, customers will still have access to their applications through the end of their current billing period. TTG Digital Ltd will not prorate any portion of unused subscription services. All subscription fees are non-refundable.
TTG Digital Ltd accepts payments via credit/debit card. Payment by any other means, such as by check, is on a per-customer basis and must be agreed to by TTG Digital Ltd. Checks must be paid in Sterling and issued from a U.K. bank. TTG Digital Ltd currently accepts MasterCard and Visa credit/debit cards.
Cancellations must be done verbally through a representative of TTG Digital Ltd. Email requests to cancel do not constitute acceptance of any cancellation. Only verbal requests made with a representative of TTG Digital Ltd will create a cancellation request. Customers are encouraged to keep records of all cancellation communication. Cancellations will take effect on the last day of the billing period in which the cancellation request was received.
Closing an account with TTG Digital Ltd cannot be done by simply cancelling the credit/debit card. TTG Digital Ltd will continue to treat this as an open account and the billing cycle will continue, resulting in a past due account that may be turned over to a third-party collection service. It is imperative that account cancellation is done by speaking with a representative of TTG Digital Ltd to ensure account closure.
Cancellation of an account does not dismiss outstanding invoices. At the time of cancellation, any outstanding balance must be settled. All cancelled accounts with an outstanding balance may be automatically turned over to a third-party collection service.
As a current or prior customer of TTG Digital Ltd, each customer agrees to provide TTG Digital Ltd 30 days to attempt settlement of any billing dispute before disputing with any third-party credit/debit card company or bank. TTG Digital Ltd must be the first option in billing disputes. Should TTG Digital Ltd receive a chargeback from a third-party credit/debit card company or bank on the customer’s behalf before TTG Digital Ltd has been given a chance to resolve the issue, TTG Digital Ltd has the right to collect on the rendered services and any fees associated with those disputes. Regardless of the outcome of the chargeback, TTG Digital Ltd retains the right to collect on any rendered services or fees that are due. TTG Digital Ltd will submit any disputed amounts to a collection agency. Once a chargeback has been received, TTG Digital Ltd will immediately suspend the account until the matter is resolved.
Subscription and Service fees are non-refundable.
The information contained in the pages on this site is provided for information purposes only. The contents of this site are not intended to amount to advice and you should not rely on any of the contents of this site. Professional advice should be obtained before taking or refraining from taking any action as a result of the contents of this site. TTG Digital Ltd. disclaims all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on any of the contents of this site.